Careers education, information, advice and guidance plays a major part in helping students prepare for their transition in to adult life. We aim to help students become more aware of their strengths, interest and the options available to them.
We aim to provide students with up to date and relevant careers education, information, advice and guidance at each transitional stage of their education. They will, therefore have access to unbiased and professional careers support and guidance.
Career advice meetings are available every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Students can access careers advice in the following ways:
- One to one guidance meeting with the school’s Careers Coordinator
- Break and lunch time Drop-in Session
- School Assemblies
- Parents Information Evenings
- Careers Events
- Group Work
One to one guidance meetings: to arrange an individual careers meeting you can:
- Pop to see your Careers Coordinator during lunch times in the Careers office
- Speak to Mrs Jones in the school office
- Speak to your Form Tutor
Careers meeting will take place during school hours in the Careers office (Room A110) situated in the corridor between the Maths and Technology departments.
- Drop-in clinics are available during school lunch times
- YOU DO NOT NEED AN APPOINTMENT TO ATTEND
Parents Information Evenings
Your Careers Coordinator will be available at these event to provide information, advice and guidance to you and your Parents/ Guardians.
Assemblies, Careers Events and Group Work
These will be organised for you by the school in conjunction with your Careers Coordinator.
Careers Coordinator Details:
Delivery will be reviewed in January, April and September by the Careers Coordinator and main contact at school.